Raising your metabolic rate is desirable to have a healthy body and if you want to lose weight, even more desirable.
There are a number of ways to achieve this and if you follow all of them you will have a lot more success than if you try to achieve this with just exercise.
Exercise is the fastest way to increase the metabolic rate however if you increase your calorie intake at the same time it will take longer to get results, use food and these tips to assist.
1. Eat smaller meals more regularly and chew food thoroughly and slowly, soup is a great meal for speeding up the digestive process.
2. Add chilli, cayenne pepper, garlic, cinnamon, fish, nuts, seeds, dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, tomatoes, blueberries and other fruits such as apples and pears, citrus fruits, whole grains, green tea and at least 8 glasses of water a day to your diet. Learn more, book your free consultation with me contact me at casstronomy.info
3. Eat less carbohydrates and fatty foods, ditch alcohol, sugary foods and drinks.
4. Eat Breakfast, the body has not had food all night so not eating breakfast will tell the body to store fat stores for energy later, a small breakfast of fruit is best to speed up the metabolism.
5. Increase muscle mass with resistance or weight training, greater muscle mass burns more calories than fat just resting.
Following the above guidelines will help you with a healthier body.
Recommended Exercise Levels will vary from age group and fitness levels, but a good and simple no nonsense guide is below:
A. Walking and Running are the cheapest and most effective forms of exercise, choose either depending on your fitness level. You need to be able to talk to your walking partner but not sing a song, if you can you are not working hard enough, If you cant hold sentences without puffing and panting its too much.
B. Start with 10 to 20 minutes a day if you have not been exercising before 3 times a week and slowly increase it, Add resistance strength training to increase muscle mass , you will eventually burn body fat while resting, resistance training is recommended 2 to 3 times a week. Going to hard will lead to possible damage to your body and you will hurt so much it will not be enjoyable, this will lead to giving up. For further information on this subject I recommend following the CSIRO guides for your needs and age group for a simple no nonsense guide
Another blog to make it easier for you to make the change today. Happy Speeding up the metabolism.